NORTHERN VIETNAM OVERTURE 7 DAYS
This is a seven-day tour introduction to northern Vietnam by Luxury Travel Agent Vietnam. It’s a busy tour, taking in the three main attractions – Hanoi, Sapa and Ha Long Bay. Even so, the itinerary only scratches the surface of the rich culture and natural environment of the area. Many of our clients extend the programme to delve deeper into the villages, forests and the local lifestyles. You might consider adding a day to explore Hanoi’s unique craft villages, or visit the serene Ba Be Lake. We’re on hand to make as many modifications as you wish – there’s no fee for making changes.
Day 1: Arrival at Hanoi (D, GP)
Arriving at Noi Bai airport in Hanoi, you’ll be met and driven to your hotel. You’ll have time to relax after your journey before having tickets for a performance of traditional Water Puppetry, an art form unique to northern Vietnam, and a good, light-hearted introduction to its rural culture. In the evening, you’ll have a ‘Welcome’ dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant in a restored French colonial building. You’ll spend the night in Hanoi.
Alternatively you will have dinner in a family restaurant situated in a small alley in the Old Quarter of Hanoi. The owner is a talented cook who will be preparing your food.
Day 2: Hanoi/Lao Cai (B, L, G)
You’ll have the whole day to explore Vietnam’s capital city. Your guide will take you to the Temple of Literature, the first university in Vietnam dating back to the 11th century, and a popular attraction, as is Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum. You’ll then drive to the excellent Ethnology Museum for an overview of Vietnam’s 54 distinct ethnic groups in anticipation of your trip to Sapa.
After lunch, you’ll call in at the serene Tran Quoc Pagoda, the oldest in Hanoi, on the banks of Hanoi’s Ho Tay (West) Lake. The bustling Old Quarter is a magnet for visitors. It’s a maze of shopping streets and restaurants with a hotchpotch of architecture – traditional tube houses, religious buildings, artisans’ workshops and cottages, colonial houses and modern concrete edifices. It’s noisy and hectic, but definitely a ‘must-see’ attraction.
We’ll arrange your programme to avoid the busy times at popular destinations, but if there’s anything you particularly want to see, let us know.
You’ll be free until your car arrives to take you to Hanoi railway station in time to board the 21.15 p.m. overnight sleeper to Lao Cai.
Day 3: Lao Cai/Sapa (B, L, G)
You’ll arrive in the early morning, where you’ll be met and taken up into the mountains by your private car to Sapa, a small town perched on the mountainside opposite Mt. Fan Si Pan, Vietnam’s highest peak. After breakfast at your hotel, you’ll be driven along a scenic valley to visit some of the H’mong ethnic minority villages.
After a stream-side picnic lunch, you’ll visit the Red Dao ethnic minority people of Giang Ta Chai village. Later in the afternoon, you’ll return to Sapa for your overnight accommodation.
Day 4: Sapa/Ethnic market/Hanoi (B, L, G)
After breakfast, your transport and guide will arrive to take you to visit a market frequented by ethnic minority peoples. The first part of your journey will take you through Lao Cai, which is a border crossing point, and alongside the river marking the boundary with China. After a picnic lunch, you’ll return to Lao Cai for a shower and to freshen-up before boarding the sleeper train to Hanoi.
Although it’s quite a long drive, the landscape is attractive and the ethnic markets are a fascinating experience. Unlike those in the tourist areas, the markets that we choose are not only for buying and selling, but are also meeting places for ethnic minority people to meet and exchange news. There will be plenty of colour and authentic costumes, but very little to buy as souvenirs unless you want to barter for a water buffalo or a sack of fertiliser!
The trips to ethnic minority markets must be on Tuesday (Coc Ly Market), Saturday (Can Cau) or Sunday (Bac Ha or Muong Hum Markets).
Day 5: Hanoi/Ha Long (B, L, D, G)
You’ll arrive in Hanoi early in the morning and taken to your hotel for fresheb up ad breakfast. After an early breakfast, you’ll leave for Ha Long Bay, one of the most spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Areas and the world’s largest marine limestone ‘karst’ landscape. There you’ll board your boat, a wooden junk built from the model of the old Vietnamese court vessels with sails, a wide transom and rectangular superstructure, that will take you first to the busy World Heritage area and then to some of the less well-known grottoes and caves.
Weather permitting, you’ll be able to swim, fish, climb a hill (not a mountain!) for an overview of the Bay’s remarkable seascape, or venture into some of the sea level caves in a small sampan. All your meals will be provided on board, usually based on fresh seafood, and you’ll sleep in a twin cabin with an en suite toilet and shower.
For your two-day Ha Long excursion, you’ll board one of the best quality boats on the Bay, a wooden junk based on the model of the old Vietnamese court vessels with sails, a wide transom and rectangular superstructure. The boats vary in size, accommodating between ten and eighteen people, so you’re likely to be joining other travellers for the cruise.
Your cabin will be about six metres square, and furnished with twin bunks, two fans, an air-conditioner, pillows, white cotton sheets, and an en suite toilet and shower. All your meals, usually based on fresh seafood, will be provided on board.
Day 6: Ha Long/Hanoi (Brunch, G)
You’ll spend the morning cruising Ha Long Bay, followed by lunch just before docking around noon and leaving for Hanoi. You should arrive in the late afternoon and spend the night in Hanoi.
Day 7: Hanoi Departure (B, GP)
After breakfast, you’ll be free until your driver arrives to take you to Noi Bai airport for your departure flight.
The prices for this sample tour are per person in US dollars
These prices are valid until September 30, 2018. Please note that bank transfer fees are not included.
|Number in group||2||3-4||5-8||9-12||13-16||*Supplement for single hotel room occupancy|
*‘Single room occupancy’ refers to the accommodation element of the programme only, and applies to someone who is travelling with others but requires an additional room for him or herself. Single traveller prices are available on request.
Our prices include:
- Breakfast and accommodation sharing a twin or double room.
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above (Please note: pick-ups will be by a guide and driver or, where a guide is not necessary, a driver only. All unaccompanied drivers will be briefed in advance, and will carry a mobile phone to ensure smooth transfer arrangements)
- Return train tickets: Hanoi – Lao Cai (air-conditioned soft four-berth cabin, good local standard in ‘Fanxipan/Sapaly’ carriage)
- Boat cruise as programme. For Ha Long Bay, you’ll join other passengers on a high quality wooden boat with comfortable accommodation, good facilities and an experienced crew. The boat will be fully licensed and comply with current safety regulations.
- Travel in an appropriate private air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced safe driver.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary (please note: guides will be on hand from pick-up until guests’ return to their hotel or reaching their destination). Free days or part days will not include the services of a guide unless requested and included in the final itinerary.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the programme.
- Lunches and dinners (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants, or picnics where no suitable restaurant is available, and full board on the boat in Ha Long Bay.
- VAT and other taxes
Our prices do not include:
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Alternatives in blue
- Surcharges for Peak seasons (if any)
- Compulsory Christmas Eve’s dinner and Gala dinner (if any)
Hotel list for First Class standard
- Hanoi: Sofitel Metropole Hotel ( historic colonial building in a city centre location – Luxury Room Historic Wing)
- Sapa: Victoria Sapa Resort ( the best hotel in Sapa, indoor swimming pool/fitness centre in separate building – Suite)
- Ha Long Bay: Valentine Junk (Traditional Junk [Unique] ( Deluxe quality wooden junks modelled on Imperial Court vessels – Suite cabin)
Hotel list for Deluxe standard:
- Hanoi: Hotel de l’Opera Hanoi ( Conveniently located in the city centre, just a step away from Hanoi’s OperaHouse, the Old Quarter and Hoan Kiem Lake – L’Opera Grand Deluxe)
- Sapa: Victoria Sapa Resort ( the best hotel in Sapa, indoor swimming pool/fitness centre in separate building – Deluxe room)
- Ha Long Bay: Paradise Cruise [Traditional Junk Cruise] ( Deluxe quality wooden junks modelled on Imperial Court vessels – Deluxe Balcony cabin)
Hotel list for Superior standard:
- Hanoi: Silk Path Hotel ( conveniently located in Hanoi’s ‘Old Quarter’, about a ten-minute walk from Hoan Kiem Lake – Silk Deluxe room)
- Sapa: Victoria Sapa Resort ( the best hotel in Sapa, indoor swimming pool/fitness centre in separate building – Superior room)
- Ha Long Bay: Indochina Sails (Traditional Junk [Unique] ( Deluxe quality wooden junks modelled on Imperial Court vessels – Superior cabin)
Hotel list for Mid-range standard:
- Hanoi: Golden Lotus Luxury Hotel ( boutique hotel in the heart of Hanoi’s Old Quarter, a short walk from Hoan Kiem Lake, stylish furnishings and decoration art – Lotus Deluxe room)
- Sapa: Bamboo Hotel ( local standard hotel standing on the side of the mountain – good views – Superior room)
- Ha Long Bay: Huong Hai or Bai Tho traditional junk [Unique] ( Superior quality wooden junks modelled on Imperial Court vessels)
BOOK THIS TOUR
Vietnam Tour Guide:
“An was the best Trip Leader we have ever had on all of our Luxury Travel Agency Vietnam. trips. He was caring, concerned, and his wonderful personality radiated. Every day was a new adventure, and he went above and beyond the itinerary to provide memorable experiences.”
Mr. Phuoc Happy
Vietnam Tour Guide:
“Phuoc Happy was warm, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and candid regarding his country, and he provided us with countless learning and discovery opportunities in addition to the ones on the itinerary. He even provided us with a personal copy of the excellent video of our trip which he made for Luxury Travel Agency Vietnam”
Vietnam Tour Guide:
“Czo always kept us informed and on schedule. He added many side jaunts along the way so we could meet locals and witness—or take part—in daily activities. He truly helped us feel the pulse of Vietnam”
“Despite having a much later arrival in Phnom Penh due to the change of a much later flight Ms Len managed to fit in all the site visits with ease even including a visit to the…”
“Mr Loc was great, having been a school teacher, he really knew his stuff & put it Across well, he had a fabulous sense of humor & had us laughing a lot. We loved Hoi An, & it being part…”
“We had a very good time. The Luxury Travel Agency Vietnam company was very accommodating and flexible in catering to our needs. The hotels they picked were…”
“I do not want to say that for the price of the tour we got the best of everything. I can say we got money worth on this trip. We were on time with everything. The guides took…”
“I am very pleased with how much effort the booking agents put into helping me customize my trip. They were receptive to my input and understanding when I wanted to make”
“It was excellent. I would definitely recommend this sort of tour for a first visit. We had never had a guide or arranged tour before so it really made the difference knowing that tours”
“Thanks very much for arranging a very enjoyable tour of Vietnam. We had a great time and all of the guides were very helpful and responsible. All went quite smoothly.”
“This trip was so well put together; you guys did a great job! We had no issues and our trip was awesome! I would definitely recommend your services again!”
“Overall trip was wonderful. You planned a great itinerary. Accommodations we fine. The best of the group where the Hyatt in Saigon, Metropole in Hanoi and Victory in Hoi An…”
“The organization of this entire trip was near perfection and the service first class. Our travel specialist created an itinerary that didn’t even require a lot of tweaking from my original description of what we were looking for”
“Best hotel: The Victoria Hotel in Chau Doc is perfect. Staff very kind and attentive, quality of room very good, food in restaurant very, very good and good location. The Golf Holte in Can Tho Smells like what it is, a government hotel and an…”
“The trip exceeded our expectations, and we attribute much of the success to Luxury Travel Agency Vietnam. I would not hesitate to use their services again and have already told my friends how pleased we were with the entire trip”
“We had very good guides”
“Mr Phuoc was outstanding. His command of global events and being able to put Vietnam into international context was impressive. Very personable, knowledgable, flexible and enthusiastic. A real ambassador for his country while also recognising the shortcomings and opportunities facing Vietnam. He didn’t just repeat history about sights, but he actively sought our own views and then worked out what would be of interest and why. If we were to revisit Vietnam, or recommend a top guide, it would be Mr Phuoc”
“Thanks to Luxury Travel Agency Vietnam Team”
“I am very pleased with how much effort the booking agents put into helping me customize my trip. They were receptive to my input and understanding when I wanted to make changes. They also helped me put my itinerary together very quickly. I booked the trip less than two weeks before I travelled. Luxury Travel Agency Vietnam was successfully able to get me a visa in time for my trip with the strict time constraint we were working under.”
“I will come back Vietnam”
“I wish I had time to see Sa Pa. I am already trying to figure out when I can go back to Vietnam just so I can visit Sa Pa. Even though Ha Long Bay is incredibly beautiful and it was one of my favorite places, I wish I had opted to visit Bai Tu Long or a nearby area instead. Ha Long Bay was so overcrowded and touristy, it was disappointed to be stuck in such a limited area of the Bay when it is so vast. I would recommend that travelers explore their options and stay in nearby areas Cat Ba, Bai Tu Long, Lan Ha, etc and spend more time.”
LUXURY TRAVEL AGENCY VIETNAM
We always reply to an enquiry within 24 hours
Contacting Luxury Travel Agency Vietnam will not place you under any obligation, nor will it lead to unsolicited messages, offers or spam of any kind. The information you supply will be used to help us to design your draft itinerary, and will never be made available to a third party. Only the name and e-mail address boxes are obligatory on the form below: without accurate contact information we have no means of reaching you.
We'll be looking forward to hearing from you.
3 Easy Steps To Book With Luxury Travel Agency Vietnam
Choose your favorite tour
Send us your travel details
Submit the booking form
- Responsibility, Ethics And Profession. 100%
- Customer Satisfaction 96%
- Competitive Price 94%
- User Recommends 98%
- Luxury Travel Agency Vietnam Team Commitment (Time, Price, Responsibility, Services) 97%
Please ask us about our super luxury saver offers running for the next 24 hours only.
Address: Travel Agency Vietnam , Vietnam Travel Agency, 25 Hang Hanh Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam
English contact: +84 (0) 989 668 116 - Or Whatsapp
Address: Travel Agency Cambodia, Cambodia Travel Agency, #Ring Road (From Build Bright Uni), Siem Reap, Cambodia
English contact: +84 (0) 989 668 116 - Or Whatsapp
Address: Travel Agency Laos, Laos Travel Agency, Ban Mano, Manomai RD, Luang Prabang, Laos
English contact: +84 (0) 989 668 116 - Or Whatsapp